Saturday, September 09, 2006

ELER Mention

One of the on-line comic strips I like to read is Everybody Loves Eric Raymond. I got a mention there the other day, as "Famous security dude Blue Boar (Ryan Russell)". (Yes, I'll accept that description :) ).

The comic that day, "Bruce Schneier Facts" is also quite hilarious, as is the database that goes with it.

He has a "Knuth is my homeboy" t-shirt, which I purchased. I happen to be wearing it as I type this. It's just a funny shirt all-around, but you would't enjoy it on as many levels as I do, flavin.

One reason is that my main character from the "Stealing the Network" series uses "Knuth" as a handle, mostly to piss off the other hackers. (Which worked pretty well on Fyodor.) Another reason is because the picture used was taken by Jake Appelbaum, whom I have met a number of times.

So I wore the shirt to Black Hat one of the days, and had Johnny Long take a picture of me in it with Darci and Jaime.

4 comments:

david said...

Dear famous security dude,

Something you apparently said,
was the trigger that caused someone
to create some kind of "crypto club".

http://cryptodox.com/Talk:CryptoDox#crypto_club

Is it too late to stop the insanity?

Ryan Russell said...

Interesting, I didn't even remember having written that. Cool, I hope you get somewhere with it. Let me know if I can play!

david said...

Yes, please come play with us.

http://cryptodox.com/Talk:CryptoDox#crypto_club

kittygoespotty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.